What is ‘The Monday Retrospect’?
This is a weekly collection of things that have caught my attention and imagination over the last week. It is a chance to put into words what I have been doing, thoughts I have been processing, things that are happening. It’s a bit of a mind dump really.
- Loving the Foundation Podcast by KevinRose.
- I’ve been working pretty solidly for the last week or so on a presentation looking at foreign intervention in Afghanistan. I will finally deliver the presentation on Wednesday. Wednesday is also the last teaching day of the Master’s course that I’m on. Just 2 essays and the dissertation to tackle.
- “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
- I love the Freedom App. This little application allows you to disconnect fromt he internet for a predetermined period of time. It allows razor-sharp focussed productivity. Beat procrastination and time-wasting.
- I have it on good authority that the videos from TEDx event in Belfast will be on their website soon. They will be well worth watching. Especially look out for Mark Dowds (@markdowds) and his talk on workplace democracy. If you’re interested Alan in Belfast had a quick interview with the speakers which are brilliant. Check them out here.
- “Your behaviour changes your thoughts, not the other way around.” – AJ Jacobs.
- Is justice essential for peace? – That’s a question that I am currently doing some research on for an essay – fascinating subject. What do you think?
That’s it for this week. What’s going on with you?