What is ‘The Monday Retrospect’?
This is a weekly collection of things that have caught my attention and imagination over the last week. It is a chance to put into words what I have been doing, thoughts I have been processing, things that are happening. It’s a bit of a mind dump really.
- Happy Easter. I hope everyone has had a lovely time.
- I have not posted one post since the last Monday Retrospect. #fail. It has been a busy week.
- It’s official. From September onwards I will be living in Belfast. I have got accepted to a PhD program at QUB. I have another application in at TCD that I am waiting to hear about. Either way it looks like I’ll be commencing PhD research and I’m pretty excited about it.
- The TEDxBelfast videos are finally online. They’re being uploaded to the TEDx YouTube channel. (AlanInBelfast has uploaded the available so far TEDxBelfast talks here). They’re all great, but I especially recommend listening to Mark Dowds‘ talk embedded below.
- You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships and interactions everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. – Epicurus
- I’m in the process of putting together an abstract for a conference that I’d like to present at on transitional and restorative justice. I’m not brimming with confidence, and I’ve never done anything like this before. But, I’ve got to start somewhere I guess.
- For those who don’t know already, Cassie and myself will be spending the summer in Canada. I leave in about 2 weeks and Cassie will follow me out shortly after. We’ll be working here!
- Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Academia.edu. Or, all of them.
- TOWARD Consulting have put a new video up. Head over to their homepage and have a look.
- Finally, I will leave you with this hilarious video from Los Whittaker. He’s already put up one hilarious video that’s gone viral and this is just number two. Enjoy.