Well. We’re almost at the end of 2011 – which seems ridiculous!
I guess I’ll give a quick run down of things since I last posted…
- I finished my Master’s dissertation. It came in at 13,030 words altogether and I think it was a pretty decent piece of work.
- Of course, the above bar which says 97% is now redundant as I am, in fact, 100% done.
- I finished up my contract with Muskoka Woods as Director of Senior High Programming. I worked their from May – September. It was my 4th year in the Muskoka region and I can honestly say that I leave a piece of my heart their every time I leave. Moreso, however, I leave a piece of my heart with my colleagues.
- Cassie and I are now settled in Northern Ireland. We’re living in Newtownabbey which is a town right on the edge of Belfast and loving life.
- I am working for FMPCI. A church in North Belfast. I’m currently working as their Youth and Community Development Worker and having a blast doing so. It’s a fairly multi-faceted job and I am really enjoying it.
- I am officially a PhD student…Well, not officially I guess. Really I am an undifferentiated postgraduate research student but it’s the same thing really. I just need to pass a differentiation which is one of the many hurdles doctoral students must overcome.
- I am researching consociationalism in Northern Ireland with Prof. Rick Wilford, a world expert in the field, so I am delighted on all accounts.
- I am slowly beginning some consultancy work which is taking on various guises at present. I am mostly consulting around skills development and change management but this, undoubtedly will morph over time.
- I will have a few exciting projects/partnerships to announce in 2012 hopefully. Stay tuned for more information.